Vibram soles, Goop soles, Stealth Trackers,
Vibram Izalco, double leather soles, custom made insoles, wool felt insoles. Zero drop soles, Vibram Newflex, Vibram Scooter, Vibram Sport soles.
- Moccasins are soft and tend to give with the foot rather than conform the foot to a molded shape like stiffer boots which are formed to a last. Moccasins don’t have a heel counter, which holds the heel in place. Without this some find that their heel is traveling over the heel area of their moccasins. Having a heel on the soles can accentuate this potential problem, as it will some heavier individuals.
- I have found that the Insoles I make out of Wool Felt are far superior to Sheep Shearing which was used when these moccasins were first developed. Initially the shearing feels great, but it wears quickly on all pressure points so that in a short time you have virtually no cushion value in them. The shearing also is harder to keep clean, and traps dirt particles easily. The Wool Felt offers easier break-in, and far greater life and cushion. It also allows for the addition of optional Arch Supports and/or Orthotic Cushioning.
- Arch Supports are a matter of personal preference. These are custom designed according to your tracings. A rubber arch cookie is sandwiched between a piece of leather and wool felt. If you always wear shoes with arches and like them, you may like them in these moccasins as well. If your feet tend to fall in, the arch would definitely help. If you wear on the outside of you feet, arches may just accentuate this even more. If you are flat footed or don’t think arches are advantageous, forget them. Others with flat feat swear by them.
- Orthotic Cushioning is great if you have tender feet or are in need of extra padding, or to help relieve sore feet.
|1. VIBRAM SCOOTER:|
MORFLEX 1/4″ Cushioned Sole, great flexibility.
Best Cushion, but wears faster.
|2. VIBRAM SPORT|
Oil Resisting Gumlite Good tread and grip, 5/16” thick, light weight, good wear, and flexibility.
3. VIBRAM NEWFLEX Good tread, 5/16” Lightweight with Bounce and Traction.
4. NEW Vibram Thin 7/32″
Made from the same material as the Newflex Lightweight with Bounce and Traction.
5. GOOP SOLE:
Stealth Trackers sole. Tire shavings & Glue mixture Thin, Best natural moccasin feel. Very flexible & waterproof.
|1/4″WOOL FELT INSOLE:|
Standard, comes with your moccasins. Arch supports $15 extra, shaped rubber glued between layer of leather and 1/4″ wool felt. Orthotic Cushioned Insole Insert $15. This is a 1/8″ Orthotic shock absorbing material that is sandwiched under the felt.
The Goop Sole used on the Stealth Trackers is a true
Hunting and Tracking Sole.
Better than the soles on the moccasins worn by
Tommy Lee Jones in the movie, “The Hunted”.
The above photo shows the insole and a Double Leather Sole. This is an option for those who prefer a more traditional look.
|The above photo shows the Moccasin’s Leather Sole without & with the first coat of Goop.||The above photo shows the completed|
with the Goop Sole $50